23. March – SAN FRANCISCO – California Wines is celebrating the state’s global leadership in sustainable viticulture with a series of fun and informative virtual events and videos on Facebook Live and Instagram during the April raid month. Throughout the month of April, free events and videos featuring discussions, cooking demonstrations and virtual wine tastings will revolve around the theme of sustainability.
The hosts of the Facebook Live event are Napa Valley sommelier Amanda McCrossin of SommVivant and Aida Mollenkamp, Food Network personality and founder of Salt & Wind Travel.
Videos posted on California Wines’ Instagram channel include recipes, how to pair and enjoy California wines, and what makes wine sustainable. The shows feature food and drink influencers such as Meg van der Kruk of This Mess Is Ours, Jerry James Stone of the Jerry James Stone Blog, Britney Brown Chamberlain of Britney Breaks Breads and Sarah Jim of The Delicious Life.
For more information on all Earth Month events, please visit the website: DiscoverCaliforniaWines.com/d2e
Down to Earth April includes a Facebook livestream event with wine experts Aida Mollenkamp (left) and Amanda McCrossin (right) on how to find and pair sustainable wines.
Facebook Live: Thursday, 10 a.m. Pacific time
In the livestream, Amanda McCrossin of SommVivant and Aida Mollenkamp of Salt and Wind discuss sustainably grown and produced California wines. Replays of the events will be available on the website for later viewing.
- 1. April – What is sustainable wine?
It’s time to clear up the confusion about what defines sustainability! Participants will learn about sustainable viticulture and winemaking and receive information about California’s sustainable certification programs, including the California Sustainable Wine Alliance (CSWA) program.
- 8. April – What are biodynamic and organic wines and how sustainable are they?
Explore the differences between organic and biodynamic practices and learn how they fit into the sustainability equation.
- 15. April – Why is there a chicken in the vineyard?
Chickens, sheep and goats are not only cute in California vineyards, they all play important roles. Find out how animals are helping California winemakers in their efforts to sustainably farm.
- 22. April – Finding Organic Wines
Finding organic wines is easy – if you know what to look for. Participants will learn about certificates, logos and sustainable terms that should be included on wine labels.
- 29. April – How California is leading the way in organic wine and farming.
California is not only a world leader in sustainable grape and wine production, but also in dairy and other branches of agriculture. Learn about innovative agricultural practices in California and how the state is a leader in sustainable wine and food production.
IGTV video: Tuesday, 10 a.m. Pacific time.
Every Tuesday in April, California Wines’ Instagram channel will feature videos from leading food and beverage influencers, each showcasing a recipe inspired by the Wine Country Table cookbook paired with organic California wines. Recipes and sustainability information will be posted on each influencer’s website and social media.
- 6. April – Meg Van der Kruk of Mass is our…
- 13. April: – Jerry James Stone from the Jerry James Stone blog.
- 20. April – Britney Brown Chamberlain by Britney Breaking Bread.
- 27. April – Sarah Gim from Delightful Living.
virtual wine tasting,virtual winery tour,california wine newsletter,californian wine,virtual tasting sessions,california wines in the uk,Privacy settings,How Search works,California wine,Californian wine,virtual tasting kit,california wines ltd